EMPLOYMENT AND INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
General Employment and Internship Application Instructions: Submit cover letter, resume, and minimum salary expectations, if applicable, to Pride Media Human Resources via e-mail (preferred mode of contact.) Send job submissions to [email protected], and internship submissions to [email protected] or alternately, via fax to 310-943-5889. Due to the amount of interest we receive in Human Resources, we are unable to take phone calls regarding employment or internships.
Pride Media operates the most established, most recognized, and most talked-about media brands serving the LGBTQ market. Our award winning content is delivered within a dynamic portfolio of media properties that are rich in history, culture, news, entertainment, fashion, and photography. Together, these properties capture the many facets of the LGBTQ experience and reach millions of readers and viewers every month. Across all platforms—print, television, digital, social media, tablet, events and mobile—Pride Media reaches consumers wherever they are and however they want. We’re everywhere. We’re Here.
Pride Media offices are located in Los Angeles and New York.
NEW YORK POSITIONS
SENIOR INTEGRATED MARKETING MANAGER – NEW YORK
Job Summary: The senior manager works across the Pride Media portfolio of award-winning LGBTQ brands and focuses on creating and implementing large-scale, high-impact, integrated sales, marketing, and promotional strategies that win business and drive revenue. The job requires a team player with exceptional “big idea” creation and proposal writing, paired with flawless multi-platform program management and execution. Pride Media includes Out magazine, The Advocate, Plus magazine, PRIDE.com, and Out Traveler. Those with an indefatigable passion for the Pride Media mission of serving LGBTQ people will be most successful.
- RFPs. Responsible for responding to RFPs in multiple categories — including automotive, entertainment, pharmaceutical, finance, and more — by creating compelling business-winning ideas that weave together Pride Media’s digital, branded, video, social, and print capabilities to clearly achieve client objectives.
- Presentation development. Work with creative services to construct visually-arresting proposals, presentations, or marketing and brand positioning collateral. Strong writing and research skills help make a persuasive case during pre-sale.
- Program development/Project management. Responsible for managing the daily workflow for executing your programs. That includes creating and managing timelines, budgets, creative activations, and following up on all deliverables. Act as primary liaison between sales and respective agency or client partners.
- Long-term planning. Manage long-term projects or special marketing initiatives above and beyond day-to-day responsibilities as assigned by the Director, Integrated Marketing. Actively research media trends and industry regulations, and help develop new sales opportunities, with a focus on identifying mobile marketing opportunities and new advertising units, to continually strengthen Pride Media’s offerings.
- Events. Although the Events Manager leads in this space, the senior manager assists with planning, managing and executing events. Responsibilities can include developing sellable event idea concepts or brainstorming interactive and dynamic activations for advertisers at the event. Help with social media outreach might be needed before, during and after events. The manager might be called on to manage on-site logistics and activations.
- Client meetings. Accompany sales reps or marketing management on sales calls when needed to present marketing platforms and client-specific opportunities.
- At least three years’ experience in a related ad sales or marketing position.
- Strong experience with digital, branded, and social marketing.
- Superior verbal and written skills, and keen eye for design.
- Experience citing ComScore, Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and other research and metrics on reach and frequency.
- Ability to work independently, but also incorporate direction from management.
- Strong familiarity with all social media outlets and opportunities.
- Intuitive eye for how best to present each brand to advertisers.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize.
- Excellent communicator who collaborates well with colleagues at all levels.
Please submit cover letter, resume, work samples, and minimum compensation expectations (if applicable) to [email protected]
LOS ANGELES POSITIONS
There are no full-time positions available at this time.
INTERNSHIP POSITIONS DESCRIPTION
Pride Media offers qualified, college-level students the opportunity to participate in quarterly, uncompensated internships available in our offices in Los Angeles and New York City. In general, most internships last for 3 months, at 10-16 hours per week. See basic internship descriptions and locations below. To apply for internships, follow the general instructions at the top of the page.
INTERNSHIP – GRAPHIC DESIGN, NEW YORK
The Graphic Design Intern will have the opportunity to work closely with the marketing and design team, gaining hands on experience designing in a corporate setting. Interns will be involved in a variety of creative tasks including, but not limited to, creative brainstorms, maintaining internal brand collateral, photo-research, creative mocks for marketing presentations, layout design, etc.
The most qualified intern candidates will be college students studying Graphic Design with a focus on marketing, advertising and social media. We're looking for dedicated, committed candidates that have an interest in the LGBTQ market. Additionally, interns should be efficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office (specifically Powerpoint), detail oriented, able to multitask and capable of working in a fast paced environment.
INTERNSHIP - DIGITAL MEDIA INTERNSHIP, NEW YORK
The Digital Media Intern will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the design and production of large-scale, ad-supported websites including Out.com, Advocate.com, and OutTraveler.com. Interns will be involved with a wide variety of tasks including wire framing, prototyping, preparation of mockups, and final Q/A. Interns will gain real-world insight in the development of high-traffic web sites from initial concept to final launch.
The most qualified intern candidates will be college students studying Digital Media with a major focus on web design as it relates to news, advertising and social media. We're looking for dedicated, committed candidates that have an interest in the LGBTQ market. Additionally, interns should have basic familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite. Any HTML or coding skills are a plus.
INTERNSHIP – INTEGRATED MARKETING INTERN, NEW YORK
The Integrated Marketing Intern will have the unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience with both print and digital advertising. Interns will participate in sales and marketing meetings and work directly with those who are experienced in the field. Interns will be involved with many tasks including conducting research, competitive analysis, preparing media kits, planning and staffing advertiser events (Pride Media Events, OUT 100, etc.).
Interns will work alongside marketing managers in organizing, researching and executing long-term projects or special marketing initiatives.
The most qualified applicants will be college students with a career focus in advertising and marketing, with interest and skills in the print, digital and social media medium. We're looking for dedicated, committed candidates that have an interest in the LGBTQ market. Additionally, the candidate is detail-oriented, able to multitask, and capable of working independently. Familiarity with blogging, wikis, and social media is a plus.
INTERNSHIP – EDITORIAL INTERN, LOS ANGELES
Editorial internships are offered in Los Angeles for Advocate.com, which includes the opportunity to work with our partner site geared toward LGBTQ millennials, Pride.com. Interns will play an active role in the day-to-day production of online editorial, including content gathering, research, reporting, editing, and more. Writing assignments may be possible, depending upon qualifications, but cannot be guaranteed. Interns are invited to join daily editorial planning meetings and will work closely with editors, and photo department, and other staff to complete both assigned projects and stories of the intern’s choosing. Preferred editorial intern candidates will have a related field of study and a career interest in journalism or publishing. Those with published clips or editorial roles in print or digital publications, including school papers and magazines, are encouraged to apply. Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills are required.
Pride Media Inc | PO Box 241579 Los Angeles, CA 90024 | Phone: (310) 806-4288 | Fax: (310) 806-4268